Welcome to Ms. Lowe's
- Topic 1
- Topic 2
Essential Standard: The student will be able to communicate effectively through independent writing
- Learning Goal 1: The student will use genereated ideas to develop a central theme or original storyline.
- Learning Goal 2: The student will use precise and vivid language
- Learning Goal 3: The student will edit and revise their writing for the standards use of conventions, grammar, and sentence fluency.
- Learning Goal 4: The student will utilize appropriate organization based on writing purpose and intended audience.
- Learning Goal 5: The student will conduct and use research
- Topic 3
Essential Standard: Students will read effectively
Learning Goal 6: The student will use active reading strategies to aid in comprehension
Learning Goal 7: The student will read grade-level texts fluently.
Learning Goal 8: The student will choose books at their reading level.
Learning Goal 9: The student will analyze a text and apply story elements in fictional texts.
Learning Goal 10: The student will
evaluateliterary devices in fictional texts.
Learning Goal 11: The student will analyuze the author's attitude and purpose within a text.
Learning Goal 12: The student will analyze text structure in nonfiction
- Topic 4
SPEAKING AND LISTENING
Essential Standard: Students will demonstrate effective speaking and listening skills.
Learning Goal 13: Students will be able to participate in informal/formal discussions regarding reading and writing.
Learning Goal 14: Students will be able to present information to a given audience on a specific topic.
- Topic 5
- Topic 6
- Topic 7